How Small Claims Works in CA  (PDF download at top of page)

Before I talk about anything else, I need to make sure that I impress upon my readers the absolute requirement that a Small Claims Plaintiff first demand payment or equitable relief from the Small Claims Defendant before they sue in Small Claims Court.  It is mandatory that you let somebody know that they owe you money or equitable relief before you sue them in Small Claims.  It is the unauthorized practice of law for me to write a Demand Letter on your behalf because I am not an attorney.  As part of a LegalShield Membership, your Attorney at your Partner Law Firm will write you a Demand Letter.  They will also advise you on any issues which might make it appropriate to sue in Limited Civil Court, or even Unlimited Civil Court.  There are quite a few reasons why it is a good thing to talk with an Attorney before filing a Small Claims Lawsuit against another person…..

How Enforcement of Judgment Works in CA (PDF download at top of page)

Before I get into the meat of explaining how Enforcement of Judgment works, let me first mention that LegalShield offers a Family Membership for $35 to signup and $25 every month after which provides its members with a whole stack of benefits, inclusive of but not limited to advising on how best to approach enforcing your specific judgment as a judgment creditor.  80% of all Small Claims Judgments go unenforced because it is the responsibility of the judgment creditor to enforce the judgment that the court gives them, not the court itself.  This article will help you, but it is still advisable to speak with an Attorney.  Only an Attorney can give legal advice, and with a LegalShield Membership, you are entitled to unlimited number of legal advice phone calls with your Partner Law Firm as a part of your Membership.  You are also entitled to a 25% preferred member discount off of hiring your Partner Law Firm to represent you in an Enforcement of Judgment Situation if it becomes too difficult to enforce your own judgment.  You can see an overview of LegalShield and IDShield at my personal LegalShield Associate Website www.JamesPolk.US.  You can purchase a membership there or at  Please share this website with anybody you know who has a judgment in the state of California….