THE ALL PAGE! You Found It! BOOKMARK IT!
links to every page on my site at the bottom of the page for SMARTPHONES and on the right sidebar for COMPUTERS.
Below is a list of many links to different resources having to do with Small Claims in California, Unauthorized Practice of Law Ethics, Mechanics Liens, etc. They are produced by Government Entities, Reputable Outside Sources and Me, James F. Polk, LA County Ind. LDA Reg. #2017038148. Thank you for reading the resources. At the bottom of this page is a stack of buttons that take you to every page on my site, so this is the utility/go to page for finding my content.
Mechanics Liens Information
- Free Mechanics Lien PDF from SacLaw (some Sacramento County Specific links)
- DCA Contractors State License Board Updated Mechanics Lien Forms.
Government DIY Videos
- Resolving Your Small Claims Case video series from CA Courts self-help
- Enforcement of Judgment and Wage Garnishment video series from SacLaw.
- CA Judges Small Claims Benchguide #34 (PDF)
- California Department of Consumer Affairs: The Small Claims Court a Guide to Its Practical Use (PDF)
- Courts.CA.Gov – Small Claims Page
- Courts.CA.Gov – Small Claims Advisors
- File Directly with LA County Link
- Small Claims Act (CCP 116.210-950)
- Renew Your Judgment
- Courts.CA.Gov – Steps to Filing a Small Claims Case (good quick start guide)
- LA County Department of Consumer & Business Affairs Small Claims Court Advice.
- LA County Department of Consumer & Business Affairs Filing Court Papers Page.
Limited Scope Representation
- How Limited Scope Works.
- The Limited Scope Law Group
- The only time a lawyer can represent you in small claims court is on appeal.
Small Claims & Other Related Articles – by James F. Polk
- General Information about Small Claims
- General Information about Enforcement of Judgment
- Small Claims Filing Fees
- Why Use a Process Server
- Concepts and Cases Supporting the use of Expert Law Systems by Non-Attorneys (Legal Document Assistants)
Small Claims Outside Resources: some more resources.A Very Interesting set of Topics Relating to Small Claims:
Talk of a national 4th amendment violation small claims court (PDF)
The potentiality of convincing a Small Claims Court Judge to order the return of property using Replevin as an equitable remedy though it is not one of the enumerated 4 equitable remedies in Small Claims (just a person’s opinion)
The pre-judgment remedy of Writ of Attachment not available in Small Claims Court in the State of California(CCP 116.140(b))
A Note about LegalShield:
I need to make sure that I impress upon my readers the absolute requirement that a Small Claims Plaintiff first demand payment or equitable relief from the Small Claims Defendant before they sue in Small Claims Court. It is mandatory that you let somebody know that they owe you money or equitable relief before you sue them in Small Claims. It is the unauthorized practice of law for me to write a Demand Letter on your behalf because I am not an attorney. As part of a LegalShield Membership, your Attorney at your Partner Law Firm will write you a Demand Letter. They will also advise you on any issues which might make it appropriate to sue in Limited Civil Court, or even Unlimited Civil Court. There are quite a few reasons why it is a good thing to talk with an Attorney before filing a Small Claims Lawsuit against another person.
LegalShield is $30 for the first month of Membership and $20 every month after. It is a very helpful membership which provides a whole stack of benefits including but not limited to: unlimited number of legal advice phone calls with an Attorney from your Partner Law Firm, phone calls and letters written by an Attorney at your request, unlimited number of contracts and documents up to 15 pages reviewed by an Attorney, creation of and updating of a will, 60 hours every year of court time if you are sued, your immediate family is covered too with a family plan. Your LegalShield Partner Law Firm can also help you enforce a judgment once you win in court. 80% of Small Claims judgments go unenforced because it is not the job of the court, a judgment creditor must enforce their own judgment and most people are not able to. LegalShield will help you and will drastically increase the odds of you getting paid. For a 14 minute video presentation of the benefits of a LegalShield and an IDShield Membership, please check out my personal LegalShield site www.JamesPolk.US, you can purchase a membership through this site and also through www.LegalShield.com/hub/jamespolk. Thank you and please feel free to share this website with anybody you know who might want to file a Small Claims Complaint in the State of California.
check out ALL of my counterterrorism and criminal justice papers to date