THIS IS MY PROJECT YOU CAN DO INDEPENDENTLY OF ME WITH YOUR COMMUNITY GROUP. THERE IS NO MONEY INVOLVED. IT IS NOT AN ORGANIZATION. IT IS NOT ME ADVERTISING MY LEGAL DOCUMENT ASSISTANCE SERVICES. I SPONSOR IT AS A PHILANTHROPIST WHO DOES LEGAL DOCUMENT ASSISTANCE. – JAMES.
- This is a project that your organization can do for the kids in your local area on juvenile probation and their families.
- This is just a simple and straightforward idea. I am going to write it in a bullet point format. Just the main points and you can show this idea to anybody you want. I did it with a Youth Organization and it worked well. I am writing it the way I think it should be after different small problems I did have
- Be a non-profit with proper Insurance whose members want to help kids who have had some problems with the law and are on juvenile probation and who need community service hours for court.
- Recruit at least 12 volunteers from your Organization.
- Adopt a street or roadside in the County where your Organization meets.
- Go to Juvenile Probation with 20 flyers to give to the person who runs the office.
- Have them put the flyers in the Juvenile Probation Officer’s Office Mailboxes.
- The flyers should simply state that you are a non-profit and that you have a group of volunteers who are going to be at a specific location where you have adopted a street every Saturday for the next two years for 5 hours a Saturday supervising kids on probation who need community service hours while they pick up trash.
- 2 years is the suggested adoption time for most municipality groups who assign street adoptions by organizations.
- Make sure to have 3 volunteers there with trash bags, gloves, neon vests, trash grippers and hardhats.
- Make the kids bring their own lunches.
- Do not give the kids rides.
- Do not ever be alone with any juveniles.
- Always stay within eyesight of your other 2 volunteers on the scene.
- Sign some form or paper with your logo or contact information certifying that each kid did however many hours of community service hours with your organization on the day on which they did the community service.
- MAKE SURE TO HAVE A WAIVER
- MAKE SURE YOU SPEAK WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION’S ATTORNEY BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON THIS PROJECT.
- Have a BBQ for the kids and parents once a month so they can meet members of your Organization. This is a good way to recruit new members and show them that you care about the every day issues in their lives. This is a missionary type of project.
- I suggest not preaching at participants, but it’s your thing. It works better from my perspective to help people with their community service and then invite them to whatever you have going on the rest of the week at the end of the day and at the BBQ you hold.
Thanks for reading about my project idea. There are approximately 4343 round about Counties in the United States (Boroughs and Parishes rather than Counties in some areas). You can really reach a large group of people who need a new spiritual influence in their lives with this type of project.
James F. Polk